Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Getting ready for Christmas!!

It is crazy how fast this year went by.  It was hard to find time to get anything done.  We did get our Christmas put up by the middle of December.  I had to, we had Dave's work Christmas party here on the 17th.  It was a success.  After all the getting ready for the party we decided to do some fun getting ready.  The girls helped me make some Christmas Crack.

What is Christmas crack you ask?  It's that yummy Chex mix that is all gooey and delicious.  You can't eat just a little...you end up eating all of it, because it's so addicting.  

Ours definitely tasted good but the name Christmas CRACK was a bit too literal.  I cooked the syrup too long and it hardened up really good.  It tasted the same, but it was a little crunchy.  All our teeth are still intact, but I did buy a candy thermometer so it doesn't happen again.  

Here is my cute Abby watching me finish.  We made ours simple with chex mix, golden grahams and pretzels.  It was so yummy with the sweet and salty.  

My cutie pies working on breaking up the pretzel sticks.  They were great helpers.  

Here is our big tree and miss Abigail taking a ride in the barbie camper.  I got this when I was a little girl and used to love to ride it.  Abby is my mini me.

About a week after this we made treats to take to friends and the kids did a great job of delivering them.  It's so fun to see them get excited about giving to others.  It was a fight (a good fight) as to who got to carry the treats to the door.  

No comments:

Post a Comment