Monday, May 6, 2013

A little note from the worst blogger ever!!

Wow I have been stinktastic at keeping up with the blog this year.  I need to make it a little bit more of a priority.

As usual with a family that is large compared to most, we have been super busy.  There are a few things going on that have been trying our patience.  Last year, in I don't know what month we put an offer in on a 2 acre piece of property on Cottage Lake here in Woodinville.  They accepted our offer and we were super excited to hopefully live on a lake.  We then started the feasibility on the lot.  That here means that we have 60 days to make sure we can build the house that we want where we want.  It also means they have to test it for wetlands, and see where the best place to put the drain field is, since everything here in Woodinville is on septic.

Well it took a few months but the county (good old king county - the turds) decided that if we wanted to build the house we wanted on that lot we had to plant tons of wetland plants and pay 25,000 bond to basically protect the wetlands and then they were going to monitor us for 3 years.

It was such a pain and it turns out we still couldn't build what we wanted so we pulled out of that lot.  Thank heavens for feasibility studies.

Well the same day we took our offer off the table we put another offer in on another lot.  This lot is actually owned by King County.  I know glutten for punishment.  This lot is bigger and on a prime spot here called Hollywood Hill.  It has been in the works since November.  We should find out no later than June 15.  This has caused us to learn patience.  I have always been ok at waiting, but I really don't like the feeling of being in limbo.  Not sure what I should work on or where I am going.

Anyway just about 6 more weeks to go.  It's kind of like a having a baby.  Just counting down.  But we are excited to build the house of our dreams and settle down.

On a weird little side note I have been using the word super more than I should.  It's like the word "like" that everyone uses for me.  I may need to get some help.  So sorry if you get stuck in the "super" crossfire.  I'm working on it.  Super hard!!




1 comment:

  1. super cool. Sounds like a super great deal. You are such a super person you deserve a super house in a super location. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete