Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Can it seriously be the end of January already?

I'm not very sure where January went but it has been a full and busy one. Now that I think about it that's probably where it went. I thought for sure we were going to get a little break from the crazy, but it started again in a new way.

I finally got the kids signed up in after school and during school activities. Sydney and Noah are doing a science club during lunch once a week. They keep bringing home some fun experiments. I have even let them show them to me. Yay for me letting them mess up my kitchen. Which is sort of ironic, because it's mostly messy because of me.

Jacob, Sydney and Abigail are all taking gymnastics. Noah and Jacob are both taking martial arts. They are loving it. I'm loving it too, because a few of the rules require them to be nice and obey their parents without complaint. They have a chart they have to fill out everyday and if they get too many x's they don't get to try for their yellow belt.

So our week now looks something like this. Monday - Martial arts for the boys. Tuesday - Scouts for the boys. Wednesday - Martial arts for the boys and gymnastics for Abby. Thursday - Gymnastics for Sydney and Jacob. The only free day is Friday.

I will be starting next month to volunteer in Sydney's class while Abby is at school. I'm pretty excited for it.

Anyway that is next month. This month we had 3 days off from school. After a long weekend with a monday off it decided to snow. And snow. And snow. For the next 4 days it snowed. It actually started snowing on the saturday before but those don't count because they were already days off from school. The kids had a blast and got the rest of the week off. Of course Dave had gone to Utah and wanted to ski while he was there. Yep no snow - and we got 8 inches of it. Poor guy. He got to go when he came home. But kind of funny all the same.

Since I started this post a almost another month has gone by. What? Yep it's been extra crazy. Or maybe that's just me. Since I started this post Valentines day has happened. We had the annual kickoff meeting for Dave's work. The Super Bowl happened. I got another church calling and by that I mean I now have 2.

We are now at the beach for the week. The kids have a mid-winter break. We never had those. Of course the kids go to school until June 18th. Oh wait that changed too. The 4 days we had off for snow they added to the end of the year. The kids now get out on June 22nd. Yep you read that right. This means that Jacob will actually get to celebrate his birthday at school. His is the 20th. It will hopefully be a first and last.

I think this has updated what has been going on. We are trying to enjoy this extra week off. The kids are having fun. I keep thinking that if they just cancelled this week we could still end school on time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment