Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Spudman!!!

My hubby is a total spud!! Yep that's right for the second year he ran in The Spudman Tri-athalon. I think he is so inspiring. 3 years ago he wouldn't have even tried to do this. The first year he did it his time was 3:07. I think that is pretty awesome. His goal this year...finish under 3 hours.

Did he do it? Yep! Of course he did. His time this year was 2:49. I think or 2:48. But it was under the 3 hour mark.

I almost didn't make it to see him finish because I got a speeding ticket. I know. I got a ticket in Burley Idaho. I definitely deserved the ticket. When the cop pulled us over (my friend Krissy was with me. Her hubby ran the race too.) He asked if we were in a hurry because our husbands were in the crash. WHAT CRASH? Apparently there were some people who had a big crash on their bikes. But no, fortunately it wasn't our hubbies, unfortunately I still got a ticket.

So after stopping for the ticket, then having to park at what felt like the next town over, we were hurrying along only to have some random lady go off the trail on her bike. We stopped to help her. She seemed ok and said "that's what you get when you don't ride a bike for 20 years." or something like that. Funny thing was there was no one on the trail just us and she chose to crash right there.

I did make it to see my hubby finish!! Yeah!! Unfortunately Krissy didn't. Sorry. :(



Here is Dave and he is heading for the finish line. Below just about to cross it.

This is Dave and his buddy Nate who also was in the race. Dave next to the mass of bikes. And no he isn't flipping off the camera. He was giving the peace sign but you can't see his one finger very well.
Below is the whole crew from Eagle that ran in the race. They went down the night before and camped. It's definitely a guys weekend.
L-R Jeremy Paddock, Wayne Slaughter, Nate Paddock, Dave Hannant, Steve LaBau, Sid Ahlstrom.

They all did great and had a great time doing it. I had a nice drive back with my hubby and a great lunch at Cafe Rio in Twin Falls on the way home. No more speeding tickets! We made it back safe and then I believe we went and saw the smurfs. It was a great day.

1 comment:

  1. How very cool. After I get this 5K thing going the triathalon is next for me.

    And yes, Dave does look like he's flipping you the bird. That made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete