Thursday, February 17, 2011

The "Hallmark Holiday"

Dave informed me that my last post was boring so I will try to make this one less zzzzzzz........

Monday was February 14, Also known as Valentine's Day. My husband doesn't believe in Valentine's Day. He thinks it's a farce. I will quote his facebook post for the day.....

" I am sort of anti-valentines day. I feel like it's a "Hallmark Holiday." That being said...Happy Valentines day Jody. I love you."

Hmmmmm...makes you feel all warm and fuzzy doesn't it. Even though Dave doesn't like Valentines day he certainly did his best to support the "hallmark holiday." Or actually supporting his wife's emotions, and gave me the most beautiful bouquet of roses. Not only that I got a card and both our little girls got mini primroses from him. They were really excited.


So even though he's not a fan I really appreciate his effort, and I sort of agree that there shouldn't be one day a year that he has to show his love for me. In the words of another facebook status I read....

I should be worshipped everyday!! My wonderful hubby does just that. Guess what else he is giving me for Valentines day? Someone to come help me clean my house. He really does love me.

I love you Davey!! Thanks for being the best!!

p.s. Just so you know yellow roses are my favorite. People always think it's a little weird he gets yellow which means "friendship" and not red that means love. Truth is he is definately the best friend I have and that's what makes me the happiest.

1 comment:

  1. Ok...so this post was way sappy. If you wanted to make it exciting you should have posted a photo of the lingerie you wore for him for sending you yellow roses. ***Did I just say that with my outside voice?***

    Love you! :D

    ReplyDelete