Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cabo anyone?

I bet you thought this post was going to be about Cabo. Well you are wrong. Looking at these picks made me want to go back to Cabo. I'll post about that tomorrow. Before we went to Cabo we went for a little get away weekend to McCall, Idaho. Dave and I had never been there but heard it was a quaint little town. I had to add this picture about because it's just so beautiful with the clouds covering the Treasure Valley. This is coming down from the ski resort Bogus Basin in Boise. Crazy that there is a city under all those clouds. We went to McCall the first weekend in March. It was a great winter get away for us. The house we stayed at was beautiful. It was a true home away from home. Except it had a hot tub. I might just need to get one of those. It was so relaxing and we really enjoyed ourselves. When we went into town we saw some spectacular icicles. I swear when we'd walk under the eves of the buildings you could hear them breaking as the day warmed up. Dave almost got clobbered by a bunch of snow that came down off one building. I laughed. It's what I do at inappropriate times.





Here I am visiting the original city jail. The inside consisted of a wood stove and a pot I think. That was for the guard. I couldn't see into the cell itself, but I'm guessing not where you wanted to spend alot of time. Or anytime really.


Here is the main street of McCall. Some really cute shops. We were told to try out the Sushi restaurant in town. That is was great. Surprisingly it was. Very good sushi. Who would have thought that in the Mountains of Idaho you would find such yumminess. Then we went home and had lots of naps and read, and watched movies. It was a very needed getaway. I'd definitely go there again.


Maybe next time we'll take the kids.....but then again.....

1 comment:

  1. Nice strategy...reel us in with Cabo and then tell us about McCall. Actually, I love that little town...I have fond memories of camping there on family reunions at McCall lake. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete