Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cabo Anyone? No really I mean it this time.

We had the opportunity to take a trip to Cabo San Lucas a few weeks ago. It was so beautiful. It was relaxing and the food was wonderful. We (me) laid by the pool and soaked up some vitamin D. Dave spent time going snooba-ing. I just don't know how to spell that. I'll have to post those pics later. He also went jet skiing or is it ski jetting? I always mess that up. Anyway we had a great time.
This is a picture of the pool I hung out at. There were 2 of them and a bar pool. I never went there to the bar pool, not a fan of drunk swimmers and I thought there might be a lot of pee in the pool.

My sweetie and I on the beach. It was so beautiful. Those rocks you see behind us are the tip of the Baja Peninsula. I hear the water on the other side which is the Pacific Ocean was crazy. I of course did not venture over. I'm a big chicken.


Dave, Paul and Jake checking out the waves. They were really high and strong. When they crashed it sounded like a cannon boom. I loved it. Dave and I had an ocean front room and we kept the door open and just listened to the waves. I think they may have been left over from the tsunami, because a couple days later the water was really calm and the waves were pretty much gone.



I really know how to party. These are some awesome glasses I found. We were supposed to go up to Cabo Wabo, Sammy Hagar's restaurant/bar, (he was the lead singer for Van Halen after David Lee Roth left the band, for those of you who don't know who he is), and meet some friends, but they wouldn't let us non-drinkers in. So I decided to party my own way. There were some other glasses too, but I decided this was a family friendly blog and I just didn't feel right about wearing genital glasses on my face.

So of course the next picture of us is at church. I planned that picture well after my last comment.


We decided to check out the church down there in Mexico. It turned out to be fast Sunday and it was so amazing. I have not felt the spirit like that in a long time. It was so amazing to see these people rush to get up on the pulpit. The testimonies didn't stop. They were wonderful. They were such humble and grateful people. Taught me a little bit of a lesson. Of course I didn't understand but a few words that were said, and when I looked around the room it was standing room only. And there were people standing. As we all bowed our heads for the closing prayer it took me a minute to realize that I was understanding it. I thought maybe I'd been given the gift of tongues. No such luck it was in English. Still the experience was great and one I won't forget.


Isn't this sailboat beautiful. I may not like to be on boats, but I can appreciate the beauty and grace of one such as this.


Dave and I with the view from our balcony. There were lots of cruise ships that came to port each day. If I might point out that I am more tan than Dave. It will be the only time. I had to make it known.


Some of the group at a local place called Pancho's. It was delicious. The chicken burritos were mui bein. I hope I spelled that right. I hope I used that right. Anyway fun night. We went down to the marina after dinner and looked at all the yachts. Crazy. I also had a local man say "hey you blondie. I like you." to me. I'll take it as a compliment. Who doesn't like to be liked?


See the romance isn't gone. It's been rekindled in Mexico. I sure love this crazy guy.

Such a wonderful trip, the warm sunny breezes and the sound of the waves gave me a little time to reflect on just how lucky I am to have a wonderful family and how blessed my life is. It was truly great.


1 comment:

  1. Hey blondie...I like you too. You look muy bien. :)

    Looks like an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete