Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Red was the color of the day!

I am still being challenged at being able to do things on the blog. Now I can't find the cable I need to download pics from the camera to the computer. Seriously. Who needs this headache?

Once I find it I will have spectacular pics to put on here and facebook. So until then I don't have anything good to say! Sad I know. I'm sure you are missing my witty banter.

I guess I can relay my day yesterday. Monday was yesterday. It was an ok morning. Got the kids off to school. Good. Had my workout. Good. Went and paid taxes. Crappy because I had to give my money to the gov., but good, since they didn't take all my money this year! Delivered forms to my scouts for day camp. Good. Came home to people cleaning my floors and toilets. AWESOME!!! Threw in the boys wash. OK. Ate some lunch. Tasty. Then.....

As I went to the kitchen to put my plate in the sink, who do I spy? My sweet little Abigail who looked like she killed something. No joke... She was covered head to toe in red.

Red what you ask?

RED PAINT!!! Yep that's right. Red paint. She had been watching Noah paint his pinewood derby car. Noah didn't clean up the paint before school. Guess who decided to help Noah? Don't have to guess do you?

Yep that's right. Abby decided to help Noah paint. She painted his car. She painted the floor. She painted the chair. She painted the counter. She painted her clothes. She painted her hair. Yep she got a lot of painting done.

Well I was freaking out. As I do. And poor little abby got the shock of her life as her clothes were ripped off her and she was thrown into the tub and scrubbed till her skin was naturally red. Then she was sent to bed. Sad I know. Really she was just helping, and didn't think she had done anything wrong.

Sydney was then sent to her room. Why you ask again? She sat at the kitchen table and watched Abby paint away while she ate ice cream. Her reason for not telling me or stopping Abby? I couldn't find the words to tell you. Nice.

Well I couldn't figure out what I was going to tell Noah. So I grabbed some disinfecting wipes to see if I could get the paint off my floors and what not. It came off pretty easy. Weird. I thought back to Abby in the tub and I probably didn't have to scrub so hard. It seemed to have come off ok. So I took a wipe to Noah's car. It came off. You couldn't even tell. How awesome is that?

So Sydney decides the right thing to do is tell Noah what happened when he got home from school. I thought he'd be mad. Do you know what he tells me? Oh that's ok the red paint is washable. Nice. So all my stress for nothing. I mean seriously. And here I thought I was a miracle cleaner.

So everyone is just fine. I wish that were my only red color experience for the day, but it wasn't. Nope there was one more. The wash I threw in had a red jacket in it. Yep that's right. Now that load of the boys clothes are a bright pink. Poor Jacob is so upset Noah is going to tell his class Jacob has pink jeans. We had to squash that before they left for school this morning.

So on my Monday red was the color of the day. I hope Tuesday's is yellow. As in some sun shine. That would help me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment