Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another Birthday?

Why do kids keep thinking they get to have another birthday? Don't they know that their mom's don't want them to grow up? At least in some respects. I want my kids to be able to stay home alone, but don't want them to get old enough to drive. I want them to be independent, but I still want them to listen to me.

Hmmmm...I think I'm just going to have to let them grow up. My Jacob is growing up. He is now 8 years old. I can't believe how quick these years went.
With Jacob you never know what expression you are going to get. He has the best faces and laugh and I love to see him get excited about things. He gets a sort of crazy - excited look going on. Nothing says summer fun better than a water gun that holds 6 lbs. of water.
Every year I ask my kids what kind of cake they want. Jacob wanted a Lego Ninjago cake. Well all the family was going to be here over the fourth of July for his baptism and we decided to make him the cake when everyone was here. We compromised and I made him cupcakes with little lego heads on them. They were tasty little suckers too.I hope he got his wish.... especially if his wish was 3 birthday parties. Cause that's what he got. Spoiled little guy.

You should always eat the head first. Sorry little lego guy. Again you were tasty.
Abigail is testing the cupcakes out. I don't think she could take a bigger bite. Maybe a little bigger.
I think the verdict is good. And gooey!! We ate all of those cupcakes.
It was a fun night and Jacob liked all his toys which in addition to his water gun included water bombs and legos. I guess I'll let him grow up. So long as he only does it one year at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment