Friday, July 8, 2011

Spontaneous Family Fun!!

I am a planner. Anyone who knows me knows I want the details. Where are we going? When are we going? How long will it take to get there? How long are we staying? These kinds of things I like to know.

My hubby Dave is not this way. He likes to just go. He's good at a moments notice. He can fit everything in a backpack. Who cares how long? Let's go!!

We have now learned to compromise a little bit. It's taken a while. He puts up with my questions and I try not to get upset about little notice. He's pretty good though, he tries to give me a couple of days.

A couple of weeks ago he asked me if I wanted to go to McCall. I said when? He said tomorrow. Ummm.....OK I guess. Well I had a hair appt. so Dave said he would take the kids up and I could come when I was done. Ok. That meant I got to drive the BMW. Nice ride.
Here is Dave and the crew on their way up to McCall. They seem to be having a great time. Wonder what movie they are watching.
We got a great price last minute on a 4 bedroom condo right in downtown. It was beautiful and perfect. We were so lucky.
We went on Bike Rides and one day went to the "other" side of Payette Lake. It was a beautiful day. About 63* and sunny. Here is Abby and Dave hanging out on a long havin' a chat.
Our bathing beauty. Sydney had so much fun and made a new little friend while we were there.
Jacob, exercising? Maybe? or just being his goofy self. Probably the last one.
Dave catching some rays. Surprisingly we all got a little bit of a sun burn. I wasn't thinking about sunscreen. It just wasn't that warm. Oh well. They weren't too bad.
Jacob building something with sticks. I think he scored.
My little sweetie. I only brought half of her swim suit, so yes she is in her underwear. Somehow I had 2 pairs of those. Go figure. She had lots of fun anyway. And thought it was pretty funny she could wear undies.
Here is Noah taking the plunge into the water. There was still some snow on the ground so you know that water is freezing. They all went in it. Good on them. I wasn't going in.
In he goes. No thanks! Even as I watched him do this I was cringing with anticipation of cold.
And he's in. He did come up. Gasping for air. It's amazing how cold just takes your breath away.
Noah crossing a log. Pretty good balance. I'm happy about that too. That water was a little questionable.

It was such a great trip. We all had a fun and relaxing time. After the lake we went back to the condo and the girls had a jacuzzi tub and all was well in the world.

Thanks Davey for having these great ideas! And making it fun for our family.

1 comment:

  1. Love spontaneous vacations. I'm glad you guys had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete