Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!!

This fall has been sort of weird for us. We moved, we went on a few trips, I've already had a church luncheon.... It's been busy. So when I thought about Thanksgiving, I really just wanted to relax.

Last year we had lots of people over and this year, we don't really know anyone. It was just going to be us. Then Dave remembered we have family here in Washington. What? His uncle and a few cousins live here. So we decided we'd better invite them for Thanksgiving. Time to get to know them a little better. Turns out they were planning on inviting us over. So I didn't end up having to do anything. It was really nice. We had a fun time getting to know new cousins and the kids had a blast playing games (bingo was a hit) and winning prizes.

The next day Dave left for Utah. His mom got married today. She married a great guy Bill. I wish them the best and happiness in their life together. Dave is the only one who got to go, because the cost was outrageous to fly and it wasn't a long enough weekend to drive. 7 hours or less is my limit for a 4 day weekend.

I hear everything went perfect and it was wonderful! Sorry we missed it, but Lorraine will be moving here to Washington. Our kids will have all their grandparents within a few hours of here. That's never happened before so it should be new and exciting.

I am truly grateful for all of my blessings. I have a wonderful husband that takes care of me. He treats me so great and does so many things for me. He works so hard and provides so well for us. I have 4 wonderful kids that are so beautiful, funny, crazy, smart, aggravating, loud, messy, and wonderful. Some days I think I want to change them, but when I look at them I realize what great little individuals they are. Ok I do want to change their messiness but that will take time.

I am thankful for the roof over my head. I am thankful I get to live in such a beautiful place. I am thankful for my freedom to do what I want, and raise my family the way I want. I am thankful I get to worship how I want, where I want.

I am thankful for my parents. They are the best parents anyone could have. They have taught me so much. How to be generous, how to love others, how to help others. How to appreciate the beauty in all things. How to be a hard worker. Although it still makes me laugh when they call in the morning and I'm still in bed they ask if I'm feeling ok. This is usually around 8:30. On a weekend. :)

I have so many blessings and sometimes I forget to show my gratitude. Not because I'm not grateful, but because I think I let the business of life take over. I am grateful and I have been blessed beyond belief. I thank all those in my life, friends and family for being there for me.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. I now need to get my motivation back and get my Christmas up this week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment