Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween in the Mile High City

We had the opportunity to go to Denver for the Halloween weekend. It was full of fun and family. I have to say I'm not much for travel. I'm not a very good flier. Planes make me nervous and I won't get on a boat if I don't have to.


We made it to the airport and thru security and onto the plane without too much trouble. The only thing we didn't get to do was use the bathroom. Ok I was the only one who had to, but that's nerves for ya.


Our reason for going to Denver was for our nephew Isaac's baptism. It was great for the kids to see Isaac on his special day. They even sang a song for him with his other cousins. Of course with a little help from Isaac's aunt Sarah and me. Below is a picture of all the Parker/Hannant cousins. Pretty cute bunch. Before we left Sydney made me a tiara that matched hers for our halloween costumes. We forgot to bring them to Denver so here is a pic.


Here we are ready for the trunk or treat and Halloween carnival at Bryan and Susan's church. Dave is a vampire. I am snow white. Noah is a scary skeleton. Jacob is Jango Fett from star wars. He isn't wearing his mask. Sydney is Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Sweet little Abigail is Little Bo Peep.



Jango Fett blasting the skeleton. No flesh wound or blood here. Noah seems happy that it didn't hurt him at all.



The two princesses. If you want a self esteem boost dress up as a disney princess. The little girls were very kind. I felt very beautiful.


My very pretty Belle and the pink piggie cupcake she won. It looks tasty. I might make these sometime.

Little Bo Peep and her favorite person in the whole world. Grandma. These two were almost inseperable.

The scary skeleton.


The crazy woman. Oh wait that's just grandma with a paintbrush thru the head.


Minnie Mouse (susan) and her sister the Good Witch (sarah)



Baby Mickey and grandpa helping him get some loot. He looks cute now but you don't realize he has a seriously scary set of skeleton jammies underneath.



There is the crazy woman. I knew she was there somewhere.

So as a recap of our wonderful weekend.... We had great food....Went to a great baptism for Isaac.... Went to a great and fun halloween party and trunk or treat at the church.... Went to church and heard great talks by Isaac's Aunt Sarah and Uncle Michael.... Had a delicious Sunday dinner of roast beast....Gave a big Happy Birthday to Mom/Grandma....Handed out candy to the trick or treaters and played games.
We had a great time on our first visit to the Mile High City!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun family Halloween! And when I say family - you had the whole group there. I love your costumes. Little Bo Peep is about the cutest thing I've ever seen. And as usual...your mom cracks me up. :)

    ReplyDelete