Sunday, November 28, 2010

Time to put up Christmas

I know that Thanksgiving was 2 or 3 days ago, but I am so ready for Christmas. I can't wait to get my house all decorated. That being said I always forget what a huge undertaking it is to get the house ready.

Of course I can't just do a simple Christmas I have to go overboard. Lots of lights, trees and decorations. Garlands everywhere.

So I started yesterday and got 9 of my trees up, not decorated but up with lights. Now they aren't all big trees but, doing this with a chest cold is alot harder than when I have energy. So I think I will take a few to have a nap and see where my energy takes me after that.

On a different note..... Noah and I have been reading Harry Potter together. The first book. It has been wonderful to spend that time with my sweet boy. Sydney has been listening too. It is seriously the best sleeping pill for her. About a page into the chapter and she is out cold. We finished it last night so this afternoon we will be relaxing and watching the first movie.

Ok switching subjects again. That's right I am all over the place today. Am I here? Nope over here. What about there? Wrong again, behind you. At least that is what my brain feels like it's doing.

I went to church today and had a lesson on gratitude. Makes sense with it being Thanksgiving weekend and everything. It really had a big impact on me. We have to live gratitude. We can just say we are thankful or tell someone thanks for something but if we don't live it.... it really doesn't mean anything. You know how you can tell people who are really genuine and those who are fake? It's sort of like that. Living a life of gratitude is a work in progress. It takes time and effort. So why am I saying all of this? Because one of the things that was said is to write down the things you are thankful for, because when things aren't always so good it helps to look back and see the things that are important in our lives. After all gratitude is an attitude. Nice I know.

So I'm going to say a few things that I am thankful for. So you don't have to keep reading or you can but I need to remind myself of the great things in my life.

1. Dave - my best friend, confidant, lover, father of my kids. I couldn't have found a better match for me and my attitude. I am grateful for the hard worker he is and the support he gives our family. I have no needs, and actually I don't have a lot of wants. He really does look out for me.

2.My beautiful children - this I think is 2-5 because they are all so great. Noah is such a sweet boy who always want to help. Jacob my little gamer that has to do things on his terms. I think that is why he is our pokey puppy. Always doing it his way. Sydney my beautiful, artsy girl. Such a sweet spirit and if she has met you, you are her friend. Little mini me, Abigail. Big personality for such a little stinker. She is special....In just about everyway.

3. My mom and dad - they have supported me thru all my life and continue to do so. I couldn't have been raised or loved by better people.

4. My friends - you know who you are. Thanks for always sticking by me.

5. My house - grateful to have a roof over my head.

These are my top five for today. I have many more things that I am grateful for, like TV and my computer, games and fun toys, but without my top five I wouldn't be happy. Actually I could probably do ok with out the house so long as I have the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment