Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ummm...has anyone seen my street?

Yes that is right. This is the view out of my front door. We had one crazy day and night of snow, snow and more snow. It was crazy deep for this area. 8 inches. Beautiful, sparkling, white snow.

I grew up in Oregon. When it snows you stop. You don't go out. You don't drive. You don't go to school. Well apparently if it snows 8 inches you don't have to go to school here either. Not only that the district calls you at 6 am to tell you that you don't have to go to school. So you lay there wide awake because you thought something was really wrong when you were jolted awake by the ringing phone. Who calls at 6 am? That early of a call usually is the bearer of bad news, not a fun filled day in tons of snow. Beautiful isn't it.


I had my sister -in-law make these darling hats for the girls. The flowers can come off and you can clip a different one on. They are beautiful and the girls love them. Thanks so much Emilee for sharing your talent with us and putting all the time and love into making these for the girls.


Sydney has worn her hat everyday. Not only that but it also covers her sad little bangs and she looks adorable.


I was fortunate to have had inspiration to put on my snow tires the day before our snow arrived, so I felt that it was ok to Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow. I have to say I really enjoyed watching how peaceful the world was while the snow was falling. I felt removed from the hustle and bustle and was able to just enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.

I still get to look out and see the beautiful snow but I am happy to report I have found my street and things are back to normal.

2 comments:

  1. Thats what MY front yard looks like. I also love the quiet that comes with snow...except when you're potty training...which I am...and then there is a lot of peace and quiet with stacatto cries of PEE PEE! POO POO! Its not quite the same. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like our snow last year! We got your mom's christmas card! Your family is adorable! I had to peek at your blog and see how you are!
    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete