Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

I never, ok I won't say never, I rarely make it to midnight on New Years Eve. I usually make it to 11, oh who am I kidding, maybe 10:30 before I am snoring away. Dave always greets the New Year alone and I'm always drooling beside him.

This year I did it. I made it to the New Year. It took alot of distractions.

We told the kids that they could stay up if they wanted to. They all said yes they were. We turned on movies for them to watch and they played games. Finally at 9:30 Noah asked if we could read Harry Potter. So he and I went off to read for awhile. We read one Chapter and I asked him to check the time. He said it's 10:47 and I thought I'm going to make it. One more chapter and it'll be midnight. Sweet.

We continued reading and it was seriously the longest chapter ever, I thought it had to be close to midnight. So Noah went to check the time and Abigail came to tell me she couldn't go any longer... Apple juice please, I love you, Nite nite. She was done. Sydney had asked if she could sleep on the couch and it's a good thing I said yes because she was out. Sound asleep. I'm not sure when she went out but, she definately has my new year gene.

Guess what the time was 10:50. What? Apparently Noah didn't look closely at the clock. I've been meaning to get his eyes tested, because I'll ask him to pick something up right in from of his face and he can't find it. It might just be a boy thing or possibly a 9 year old thing, but most likely a kid thing. Anyway I still had and hour to go.

I turned on Fabulous Mr. Fox for the boys, and went in search of my hubby. I found Dave watching football. The South Carolina game. Not that it means anything to me. I think it was the Outback Bowl. If I got that right he'll be really impressed. So I sat down on the couch to spend the last hour of 2010 with him. Not a good thing to watch when you are struggling to stay awake. For the first few years of our marriage we would get in bed and Dave would turn on Sports Center and literally within minutes I was sound asleep. When he is out of town and I can't sleep I'll turn on SC and zzzzzzz........

So finally we head downstairs and turn the TV onto the New Years show so we can watch the ball drop in Times Square. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, turn the channel to the other New Years show, 3, 2, 1...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I saw the new year in with all my wonderful boys, and seconds after I kissed each of them the boys said, we're going to bed. Dave and I looked at each other, and thought us too. But I made it to the new year, and I can tell it's going to be fabulous.

I hope everyone elses is too.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an awesome new years party at the hannant house. I'd love to have been there snuggled up listening to you read Harry Potter...I would have been out in seconds.

    ReplyDelete