Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What did you say?

Last night I was getting Abigail ready for bed. Dave was at a basketball game and I sent the other kids to get jammies on. So as I took off her dirty clothes, I threw them in a pile of laundry. I hadn't brought her basket back in from the laundry room yet. So she gets on her jammies and says....


Bull****!


What did you say?


Bull****!


Wow. I have been trying very hard to not swear. I've been doing really well too. I usually just get Son of a .... and then trail off. I have also switched to saying crap. My next step is to say poo. You know sort of weaning my self off.


I tried to think when I would have said this in front of her. My last big oops came when I didn't realize she was behind me and cut my finger. I said Son of a ..... But added the last word. She clear as day repeated me. I said yep that's right. Beach can you say Beach. Of course she can. So I dodged a bullet there.


Well I was very disturbed to say the least and I proceeded to get a little angry. Of course she didn't know she had said anything wrong. But sometimes we just react instead of taking time to figure out what is really going on.


Abby what did you say?


She must have known something was wrong because she walked over to her pile of laundry and pulled out a blue shirt and said bull****.



Whewww.... what a relief. So just be aware that if you are wearing a blue shirt, you might get a little offended when my little sweetheart starts swearing at you like a sailor.

1 comment: