Sunday, January 9, 2011

The time change

The time change. Every year on the first Sunday of the year our church changes what time we go. Here in Idaho when we moved here we were at 11. Last year we went at 9. This year we moved to 1.

So here is my problem. I'm not really excited to interupt my day at 1. It's Abby's nap time and when we get home it's almost dark. (church is 3 hours). Also I get nothing done in the morning because I'm lazing around the house. There should be no reason I should be late either.

Last year church was at nine, and I didn't even try to be on time. Only if I "had" to. Like a primary program or a talk. Or my parents were here. Once my mom was going to leave me and take all my kids.

I really need to change my atitude and make it one of gratitude year round. I think I'll add it to my resolutions. So this week since I couldn't go last week (had sick kids) I am getting off the computer and going to make some cinnamon rolls and breakfast for the kids. Then we will all get cleaned up and have a bit of a snack, put the roast in the oven and head out the door on time. We can do it.

So I was just given the order for WAFFLES so here I go to make bacon and waffles because, I have to have bacon with everything. I mean it is it's own food group. I just try to limit it to 3 slices and not 6.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha... You are such a mother! Do you remember my mom driving up the road with us kids running to the car with our nylons in hand and curling iron still hot in hand so we could finish getting ready AT church? Love it, Jody. You just made me laugh really hard. Oh, and...you can totally get to church on time. I know you can. *giggle...smirk*

    ReplyDelete