Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday Davey Dear!!

I'm a couple of days late in wishing my wonderful hubby a Happy Birthday, and today is actually his sister's birthday, Happy Birthday Laura! I thought I needed to get busy.

Birthday's have never been a huge deal in my family. We always got to have a cake and invite a friend over and pick what was for dinner. That kind of thing. I remember I always wanted clam chowder for dinner and it drove my mom crazy because..... my birthday is in July. But alas she did it anyway. Thanks mom.

In Dave's family birthday's are a huge thing. They do the big family or kid birthday party. So when Dave and I got married thirteen years ago October, Dave's birthday was just around the corner. I remember his mom asking me what I was doing for his birthday and I said I don't know, why what do you usually do? She said you're his wife, you're in charge now. So I just jumped in and..... I don't actually remember what I did but I'm sure it was great!!!

So now that I have had 13 years of Dave's birthday and lots of little kid birthday's under my belt I'm quite relaxed about inviting people over and making lots of food and cake. Don't you like how I made this post all about me?

Ok so back about Dave's day.... We invited some friends over and then had Chicken Enchilada's for dinner. I'm told they were good. I choose to eat the veggie lasagna, I know weird but both sounded kind of good so there you go. Then we had cake and brownies. I made Dave his favorite cake that I think he is regretting saying is his favorite because now he gets it for all his birthday's. But it is yummy and looks fancy too.

Here is Dave blowing out the candles and below what age he really is. Yep he has been saying it for about 4 months because when I have my birthday he practices saying his soon to be age. But just know if you ask him how old he was when we got married he will point out that I was 24 and he was 23 a whole year younger. Don't know how that works, but he loves to tell that to people.

So Happy Happy Birthday David Dear! I love you and hope you had a wonderful day. I'm also glad you took a little time to start your next year off right with an afternoon of skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment