Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tiny dancer

Yesterday was the craziest day. It was Sydney's very first dance recital. She has been begging us for awhile to take dance. She says she wants to be a "balleter" when she grows up. It got me thinking about when I started dance. I think I only took for a year if that, and things were a little different. My mom had to have someone make my costumes. I had one for tap and one for ballet. For Sydney we only had to buy one costume, premade and she will wear it for both tap and ballet. Nice and I think probably in the long run less expensive.
So that being said. I thought before I show you just how wonderful my tiny dancer I would show a picture of my first tap costume. I can't remember the performance but I do remember posing for this picture. This is 1979, and makes me 6 years old. One year older than Sydney and I'm pretty sure she is a way better dancer. Sydney's class did a tap dance to jingle bell rock. It was so great. The best part is no one really knew what they were doing but looked precious all the same. I'm not sure I like how "grown up" she looked but I can't deny that she is beautiful. It makes me scared already for the teenage years.
This is her pose. She looks sort of like a doll. A little creepy but still cute.


Here she is with her class, Sydney is the one on the end and I must add the prettiest. We were even able to hide her sad little bangs.
Action shot of the tapper in a jump. That's her front and center. As I brag again... She's also one of the best dancers.


Doing a little bit of toe tapping. It is really cute how hard they think they have to stomp their little feet. I told sydney that the shoes make the noise for her, but I think she gets quite the work out everytime she puts those shoes on.


Once her dress rehearsal was finished she got the chance to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas which is a Dora makeup set. Guess what? Santa has his work cut out for him because they don't exsist. We'll see what happens....But I bet she gets something close to it. I really enjoyed my day with my sweet sydney and we wish her daddy could have been there too. He was gone on a business trip, I think of all the things to miss this broke his heart the most. Thank heavens for technology, it makes life a little easier sometimes and you don't miss near as much.
Where were all the other kids? I refused to take them to the recital because I wanted to enjoy it. I usually spend all my time yelling at the others so I miss what is going on with the one performing.
Fortunately the boys school records and makes DVD's of all the concerts because Abigail is by far the worst kid to take to anything. This week we had Sydney's holiday sing at her school, Jacob's Choir concert for 2nd grade, and Syd's dance recital. All in 3 days. It's been a fantastic week and my kids are truly the best. So happy they are mine. Even my naughty Abby. Noah was a great help, while Dave was gone and tried his hardest to be good. But I think that it's so close to Christmas that a little naughty keeps surfacing. It's so hard to be good all the time.







1 comment:

  1. She is beautiful and looks just like her mama. Holy cow - you two are twinners! I also love the holidays when there is a party or performance around every corner. You're a good mama, Jod balod.

    ReplyDelete