Monday, December 13, 2010

Who likes houses made of candy?

Who likes houses made of candy? WE DO!! WE DO!!

I can't remember for how many years we have been making them, but at Christmas time we must put together a gingerbread house. I have seen the amazing gingerbread houses people make and ours is not like that. Ours is made by eight little hands that eat more candy than ends up on the house itself.

I thought once I might try to bake my own gingerbread and cut out and all that good stuff. When I say once, I really mean once. I don't have the time, energy or creativity to do that.

Oh who am I kidding I don't want to take the time, energy or creativity to do it. I instead go to a store and buy one ready to put together.

With the candy placed into it's separate bowls and dad to help with the glue, I mean frosting, the kids go to town on the house. It is something they look forward to every year. As soon as they see the box with the house in it they can't wait to do it. This was Abby's first year helping and she was smart. She made sure not to eat any dinner so she had plenty of room to eat all the candy. It gives me a tummy ache just thinking about it. It might be all the marshmellows I ate too.

So here is our masterpiece. It's not the prettiest gingerbread house or even the most fancy, but it was definately made with the most love.
The other part the kids love best is on January 1st they get to tear it apart and eat it. Yuck! Nothing like some serious hard gingerbread and stale candy to welcome in the New Year, but they seem to love it.

1 comment:

  1. Its perfect. and looks delicious. They did a great job and I LOVE the giant smiles on your kid's faces. That is pure Christmas joy. :)

    ReplyDelete