Tuesday, December 21, 2010

You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer......

What a fabulous thing Christmas lights are. I love how they twinkle and glow in their colors, lighting up the darkness around them. We went to the Boise Botanical Gardens last night for our Family Home Evening. Or I guess our family evening out.

We started our night eating some delicious Flying Pie pizza. Which we found out you can buy their bread dough, cheese and sauce. Which means to me you can make their pizza at home. Although I'm sure it wouldn't taste the same. There is in my mind something to be said for pizza ovens.

Then we headed ourselves over to take a walk thru the Winter Garden a Glow. Lots of beautiful lights on everything. It was great. There was one moment where a section of lights went out and it was so dark. If it hadn't been for the lights around the outside we wouldn't have seen where to go. Above is my beautiful kids and me. I don't have too many of these. And below is our wonderful little family. Plus the lights.

Grandma with Noah and Abigail. I think she had a good time, even though everytime she stepped in mud she said ewwww, we are going to have to wash our shoes.
Grandpa with Sydney and Jacob enjoyed the lights. We had one adult per kid and still kept looking around for them. Everyone had to have a turn with grandma and grandpa.


We got a suprise as we walked down one of the paths. We saw a reindeer. A real live reindeer. His name is Prancer. He was such a sweet animal. The kids got to pet him.
As Abigail rubbed his soft fur she giggled and said he was tickley. She talked about him for quite sometime. That is until she saw who he had brought.....

I'm not sure Abby was happy about sharing her Santa time with her sister. Sydney was just talking Santa's ear off, and he seems to be enjoying it too. Maybe she will get something good for Christmas.

Our evening out was great and the most famous reindeer for our family this year is Prancer. We are truly greatful for the wonderful year we have had and for the great season that is Christmas.

All commercial Christmas aside, I know that this time of year is the most beautiful because this is the time we celebrate our saviors birth. We wouldn't have such wonderful lives if we didn't try to live them with the light of Christ radiating from inside us. Just like those lights that showed us how to get out off the dark.
Merry Christmas everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas sweet jody and family! What a fun treat to see those lights. I drove around the base not too long ago and unfortunately the most exciting light display here was much lacking in, well, excitement. Smooches to the 'rents' for me...they look well... and I'm totally jealous you met Prancer the reindeer.

    ReplyDelete