Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference weekend

This weekend was General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As a kid I used to like Gen Conf. because it meant staying home for church, and not having to take off my jammies. The negative side was having to be quiet for 2 hours and listen to things that didn't make sense to me. Now I'm 30 years older and I like not having to take off my jammies and staying home from church. I also found that I would rather my children go somewhere else so I could listen to what was said. We decided to compromise and only make the kids listen to one talk. It was worth it. The things I got to hear were really aimed right at me. Sometimes we need to take the time to really listen to get the answers we desire.

Also I love my children but it was sure nice to have a little quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh c'mon...where's the conference bingo game when you need it. :) I'm glad you got some good answers. I love you!

    ReplyDelete