Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Thirteen years ago Dave and I were married. We have fought many forces that strive to make marriage not so fun. We have won, so far. I think we will always win because we are superheroes. Ok only my mind but I think we are awesome. But before I jump ahead I must give the back story of these awesome people.

It started over a year before the actual proposal. Dave and I met while serving missions for our church. We were called to South Carolina. I met Dave in my first area. He was in the mission office. And as I have always said I didn't really like him. But his charm and wit won me over and we became friends. We made a plan to date after returning home from the missions.

Dave went home 2 months before I did and tried to live life to the fullest. He went to concerts and on dates, but I had made such an impression he just couldn't forget me. I'm sure the daily letters helped with that. So he came up to Portland to visit when I got home.

He didn't even get scared off when my dad told him he could get him a good price on a ring. Crazy. So according to my dad I chased Dave to Utah where he had no chance but to ask me to marry him.

And just so you know I totally did because I knew he was the one for me. So here we are on our beautiful fall day enjoying a kiss under the tree. Actually I think we were totally laughing during our kiss. We are nerds. What can I say.




We had a wonderful wedding and saw so many friends. Everything was awesome and it was even daylight savings that night. Great for a wedding night!! One extra hour. Except Dave and I went home to our cute little duplex and crashed. Turned out I had mono. Needless to say our honeymoon wasn't the best for Dave.
Here we are 13 years later and even though Dave is spending our anniversary on a cruise with his sister, brother and mom, I know we have just begun our adventure together. (not going on the cruise was my choice) I love you Davey with all my heart and I am thrilled to spend forever with you.





2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Doug and I have been married 13+ years as well. Good time! You guys are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sweetheart. Love the blog. It is even mostly accurate! Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete