Friday, October 1, 2010

Pets are the best

For some reason I thought today was September 31, which doesn't exsist. I think I wasn't quite ready to move into October. The year has gone too fast. When I finally realized it is October 1st I got to thinking about this day. It's my Brother in law's birthday... Happy Day Channing. It is the start of the Halloween month. Always fun. It was my first pets birthday. So I am thinking about all the wonderful animals we have been blessed with.

For those who never had a pet it is so wonderful. They are always there and want to be around you even if you are grumpy or get mad at them. They are willing to just sit and hang and do whatever you want to do. (mainly dogs but some cats will too.) But no matter what you know that you have a friend... and they never give advice. Huge plus on some days.

Here is my darling first pet who lived to the ripe old age of 15. He was a sweetie and today was his birthday. Thinking of you Toby.



Also sending lots of love to all the other pets who have joined our family over the years.



Our crazy cat Carolina. She was so great. I know she looks scared here but she loved to climb and just hangout.


Our beautiful Foster who we still have. He is now 11. He has been the best family dog a person could have.

And Brutus. He would always smile. A little scary to people who didn't know that. Looked like he was baring his teeth, but it was just a smile.

I couldn't find any pictures of Dave's pets growing up, but know he loved you Lady and Max.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post? Do you remember me leaping onto that chair when your rabid little Toby came flying toward me? You would be so proud of me now. I am the master of calm with little dogs and big dogs. I just hate it when they lick my feet or hands. I really really hate that. :D

    ReplyDelete